Sunday, September 6, 2020

Grammar Exercise, Public School, Nepal

Day 1
Class: 10
Subject: English
Unit 1: Giving, Witholding and Reporting Permission
Grammar
1. Work in a pair. Have similar types of conversations for the following situations.
Examples:
A: Can I use your pencil?
B: Yes, go ahead.
A: May I have a few minutes with you?
B: I'm afraid not.
a. use protractor/Of course
b. play football/I’m afraid I can’t let you…
c. bring my sister to the party/That’s OK
d. borrow your book/Yes, certainly you can
2. Report the following sentences as in the example below.
Examples:
a. “You can use my pencil.”
I’m allowed to use her pencil.
b. "Don’t let them enter through this gate.”
They are not permitted to enter through this gate.
a. “You can take photographs here.”
b. “Don’t let them leave the school.”
c. “Let her sit here.”
d. “You can play here.”
e. “Don’t let them speak English in Nepali class.”
3. Imagine you are in the Pashupatinath area. Tell a tourist what he/she can and cannot do there.
Example: You cannot take photographs inside the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment