Monday, September 7, 2020


Day 2
class 10
English
Unit 2 Grammar
1. Go through the following expressions of Prashanna and Dolma, and fnd out how their expressions differ.
Prashanna (on Friday evening): I don’t like this party. I want to go home now.
Dolma (on Saturday morning): Prashanna said that she didn’t like the party, and she wanted to go home then.
2. Tick the correct indirect speech for the following direct expressions.
i. Palten says, “I have won the match.”
a. Palten says that he has won the match.
b. Palten says that he had won the match.
c. Palten said that he had won the match.
d. Palten said that I had won the match.
ii. Yangchen said, “I don’t like to study all the time.”
a. Yangchen said that he doesn’t like to study all the time.
b. Yangchen said that he doesn’t like to study all the time.
c. Yangchen said that he doesn’t like to study all the time.
d. Yangchen said that I don’t like to study all the time.
1. Read the speech, and find what Sujal said to Sanskriti.
Sujal
Sanskriti
I'll see you tomorrow.
Sarina phoned me.
I can't swim
I'll phone you tomorrow.
I'm learning English.
I'm leaving now.
Report what Sujal told Sanskriti.
Example: Sujal told Sanskriti that he couldn’t swim.
3. Read the direct speech below, and complete the indirect reporting that
follows.
a. “I overslept this morning.”
Sankalpa said that ..................................................................................
b. “The earth moves round the sun.”
Durgaman told me that ...........................................................................
c. “I’m tired.”
Hiramaya says that .................................................................................
d. “John had an accident.”
Bidhya said that ......................................................................................
e. “I was working until ten o’clock last night.”
Ashim said ........ ....................................................................................
f. “When I got there, the place was almost empty.”
Sandesh said ..................... .....................................................................
g. “I enjoyed myself last night.”
Anu said ..................... ...........................................................................
h. “Pujan’s living with her husband now.”
Sujata said ..................... ........................................................................
i. “I’m meeting John tonight.”
Dhanesh said ..................... ....................................................................
j. “It’s raining cats and dogs here.”
She told me ..................... .......................................................................
Match the direct speech in column A with the reported speech in column B.
S. N.
Column A
S. N.
Column B
a.
She said to me, "Where is Dolma?"
........
He asked her where she was from.
b.
She said to me, “Is he at home?
........
He asked me how old I was.
c.
He said to me, “How old are you?"
........
The head teacher asked me if I could go to school at ten o'clock.
d.
The head teacher said to me, "Can you come to school at ten o'clock?"
........
She asked me if he was at home.
e.
He said to her, "Where are you from?"
........
She requests him to help her the next day.
f.
She says to him, "Can  you please help me tomorrow?"
........
She asked me where Dolma was.
2. Change the following into indirect speech.
a. Anupam says, “Where do you live?”
Anupam asks me ......................................................................
b. Sanjeeb says, “Can you solve the problem?”
Sanjeeb asks ..............................................................................
c. Prabin said, “Does Pramila love me?”
Prabin asked ................................................................................
d. Dinesh said to his friends, “Who went to Muktinath for worshipping the God?”
Dinesh asked his friends ........................................................................
e. Navaraj said to Saraswoti, “Will you visit me in Australia?”
Navaraj told Saraswoti ...........................................................................
f. Julia said to Pujan, “How is your husband?”
Julia inquired Pujan ...............................................................................
g. A stranger said to Astha, “What kind of music do you like?”
A stranger asked Astha ...........................................................................
h. Bharatlal said to Phiroj, “Aren’t you applying for a grant?”
Bharatlal asked Phiroj ............................................................................
i. Aritosh said to Durgalal, “Aren’t you in the office?”
Aritosh asked Durgalal ..........................................................................
j. “Didn’t you pay her?” he said.
He asked ................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment